When it comes to hiking, it’s important to pack lightweight and non-perishable food items that will provide you with the necessary energy to keep going. Here are some ideas for food for hiking:
- Trail mix: Mix together your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits to create a healthy and delicious snack. Add in some chocolate chips or other treats for a little indulgence.
- Jerky: Beef, turkey, or even vegetarian jerky is a great source of protein and easy to pack. Plus, it’s a tasty and savory treat to enjoy on the trail.
- Cheese and crackers: Choose hard, aged cheese varieties that won’t spoil quickly, and pair them with some whole grain crackers. This will give you a nice balance of carbs and protein.
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich: This classic sandwich is perfect for hiking. Choose a bread that’s dense and hearty, and pack the peanut butter and jelly in separate containers to keep them fresh.
- Tuna or salmon pouches: These protein-packed pouches are easy to pack and come in a variety of flavors. Eat them plain or mix them with some crackers for a more substantial meal.
- Instant oatmeal: If you’re camping overnight, a hot bowl of oatmeal is a great way to start the day. Choose instant oatmeal packets that you can simply add hot water to.
- Energy bars: There are a wide variety of energy bars on the market these days, so choose one that you enjoy and that provides a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat.
- Instant coffee or tea: If you need a caffeine boost, bring some instant coffee or tea bags along. Simply add hot water and enjoy.
Remember to always pack out what you pack in and follow Leave No Trace principles.
2 thoughts on “Lightweight Energy Food for Hiking”
very good suggestions!
LikeLiked by 1 person
We’ll thank you